From: Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@Sun.COM>
To: Derby Discussion <derby-user@db.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 11:55:38 AM
Subject: Re: Lucene integration

Hi Geoffrey,

I'm hoping to have some time to look at Lucene integration after we put 10.5 to bed. In the meantime, I was wondering if you have any experience with implementations of Lucene Directory which place the Lucene indexes inside a relational database? According to the following link, people have been disappointed with the performance of this approach (don't know what that means)--at first blush, however, the approach seems like an attractive way to keep the Lucene indexes transactionally consistent with the original character data:

http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/LuceneFAQ#head-e55d8e6971f9f01daaf3e14ce1d2f34485adba6e

Thanks,
-Rick