I see that there’s a property to allow configuring the number of pages to initially allocate to a table, derby.storage.initialPages, but there isn’t a property to allow for setting the number of pages to allocate when incrementally expanding the file container. It looks like RawStoreFactory might’ve allowed for this with

                public static final String PRE_ALLOCATE_PAGE = “derby.storage.pagePerAllocation”;

but this isn’t reference by anything I can find.  FileContainer fixes the incremental expansion to 8 pages with the DEFAULT_PRE_ALLOC_SIZE constant.

What was the reason for not allowing the pre-allocation setting to be configurable? Were there adverse affects on FileContainer if it was increased to something like 100 pages?

Brian