db-derby-user mailing list archives

From epdv <peter.nabbef...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: How to read blobs?
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2009 10:24:38 GMT
Kristian Waagan schrieb:
> epdv wrote:
>>
>> Thank You for the answer - but I've also got problems with
>> autocommit(false): Recordset not open. How can I get the InputStream
>> then, and can I access the opened InputStream independently from the
>> blob, i.e. can I read the stream still after freeing the blob?
>
> You can operate on the Blob until you commit or rollback if you turn off
> autocommit.
> As soon as you call Blob.free(), the Blob object, or any objects
> obtained from it (like an InputStream), cannot be used any more. This
> holds regardless of whether you have committed/aborted or not.

If I understand correctly, I'll need to open one connection per opened
(not yet closed) stream then. How can I open a pooled connection then,
without using J2EE (can only find docs for j2ee ... :-( )?

> The problem you see with the result set, must be something else.

I'll look at this later, as cannot use my current code, thus problems
might disappear just while doing my changes, as a "side-effect" ;-)

Kind regards

Peter