db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kalyan Inuganti <kinuga...@gmail.com>
Subject Derby 10.1 -> 10.2 upgrade issue
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 16:09:52 GMT
Hi,

I am reaching out to you guys for some help with a Derby indexing issue that
we have run into at Monsanto, St. Louis. The issue is pretty much the same
issue that was reported by Thomas J. Taylor in 2007 (The link is provided
below).

*Brief Description:*

I have a database that was originally created with Derby 10.1.1.0 and was
recently upgraded to Derby 10.2.2.0. I've performed this upgrade on several
copies of the same database schema (each created on different computers,
but with the same version of Java (1.5.0_07) and Derby (10.1)).

For all but one of the database upgrades, it worked correctly. However, in
one case, it appears that the PRIMARY KEY and FOREIGN KEY constraints have
been lost/corrupted. When I use DBLook to check a 'working' database, I see
the appropriate constraints for keys. However, on the 'defective' database,
these constraints are missing.

We have over 80 tables in the DB and over 1000 users. Even though we have
only 2 reported occurrences of this issue so far, it might be more
widespread. It is a nightmare to manually identify the corrupted indexes for
each occurrence. Any thoughts on how we can tackle this through a
programmatic approach?

Here is the link to the old report:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-user/200704.mbox/%3C462D5DF8.80101@gmail.com%3E

Thanks,