db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Eiman Sayari <eiman.alsay...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem with running derby from the command line
Date Sat, 21 Mar 2009 15:48:11 GMT
Hi all
I am working on Linux kubuntu..........
I am using Derby database (version db-derby-10.4.1.3-) in my web
application. I integrate derby with eclipse and developed the application
and every thing worked fine on eclipse. Now I wan to get my application out
of the development environment and run form the command line.
I knew how to get my server (Apache tomcat) and run it from the command line
and it worked fine. Know I want to run the databe before run my code I
started the derby server,
connected on the database (localhost:1527/the path where the database
located ). then, I tried to run my code that connects to database to do the
operations with the databse. However, the code give errors although it
worked fine on the eclipse. Could anyone help to know how to run the
application with Derby  out the eclipse (plz with steps since I am a bignner
on linux and using Derby)
--
Eiman