db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Krzysztof <yaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Uinable to use Table function due to java.lang.ClassNotFoundException while class is clearly reachable..
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 14:50:35 GMT
Hello,
I'm trying to get basic table function running without much success.
Either error is misleading or I missed some basic point, could you
please advise?

public class DerbyBlobTableFunction {

 //this works
  public static int returnSth()
    {
        return 1;
    }

//does not work, see error below
 public static ResultSet getTSValuesEmpty()  throws SQLException
    {
         List<double[]> results = new ArrayList<double[]>();
        results.add(new double[]{1.0,2.0,3.0});
         ResultSet rs = new ResultSetTemplate(results);
--//ResultSetTemplate implements ResultSet but same error with Derby
impl of ResultSet
        return rs;
    }

}

then

CALL SQLJ.install_jar
('/pathto/kn.jar', 'APP.kn', 0); -- OK

CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_DATABASE_PROPERTY
('derby.database.classpath', 'APP.kn'); --OK

CREATE FUNCTION MYFUNC() returns int PARAMETER STYLE JAVA reads
sql data language JAVA EXTERNAL NAME
''gaia.cu7.dal.DerbyBlobTableFunction.returnSth'; --OK

values MYFUNC() ; --OK
returns:

1

CREATE FUNCTION getTSValuesEmpty()
RETURNS TABLE
(
  obs      double,
  val      double,
  valError double
)
LANGUAGE JAVA
PARAMETER STYLE DERBY_JDBC_RESULT_SET
reads SQL data --  switching to no sql does not change
EXTERNAL NAME ''gaia.cu7.dal.DerbyBlobTableFunction.getTSValuesEmpty'
--OK

then:

select * from table ( getTSValuesEmpty() ) t;

gives:

An error occurred when executing the SQL command:
select * from table ( getTSValuesEmpty() ) t
The exception 'java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
gaia.cu7.dal.DerbyBlobTableFunction' was thrown while evaluating an
expression. [SQL State=38000, DB Errorcode=20000]
Next: Java exception: 'gaia.cu7.dal.DerbyBlobTableFunction:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException'. [SQL State=XJ001]

Execution time: 0.04s

1 statement(s) failed.

_but_

values getTSValuesEmpty();

gives:
1
gaia.cu7.dal.ResultSetTemplate@10fa2e17

MacOS,  Derby 10.4.2.0, embedded mode.

Could you please enlighten me what could be wrong? Seems error message
is plain wrong as 'values' returns the reference to resultset, and
regular function from the same class works as well as values call..

Best regards,
Krzysztof