db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Lucene integration
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 18:55:38 GMT
Hi Geoffrey,

I'm hoping to have some time to look at Lucene integration after we put
10.5 to bed. In the meantime, I was wondering if you have any experience
with implementations of Lucene Directory which place the Lucene indexes
inside a relational database? According to the following link, people
have been disappointed with the performance of this approach (don't know
what that means)--at first blush, however, the approach seems like an
attractive way to keep the Lucene indexes transactionally consistent
with the original character data:

http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/LuceneFAQ#head-e55d8e6971f9f01daaf3e14ce1d2f34485adba6e

Thanks,
-Rick