db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Concurrent Derby access
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 13:34:14 GMT
> Our application currently uses a Derby database running as an embedded
> instance. I’ve recently experimented making the database files read-only
> so that multiple processes can read the database concurrently.

If multiple instances of your application want to have read-only
embedded access to the same data, why not just make a copy of the
actual database and include the copy as part of each instance of
the application?

You could physically embed the database into your application, by
packaging it as a jar in your classpath, or you could do this by
having an installation procedure which installs a separate copy of
the database for each installed copy of the application.

thanks,

bryan