db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com>
Subject Re: SQLException: Page could not be read from disk
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 02:46:27 GMT
Maris Orbidans wrote:
> Caused by: java.nio.channels.ClosedChannelException
> at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.ensureOpen(Unknown Source)
> at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.read(Unknown Source)

If this is on Windows, we have been plagued by this particular issue as
well.  I put in additional code to re-open the channel if it was closed,
and even with that it seemed like something was closing the channel
underneath us.

Modifying BaseDataFileFactoryJ4 to return RAFContainer instead of
RAFContainer4 avoided the problem for us.  Presumably there was a
performance cost involved with switching to the older implementation though.

Daniel