db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: SQLException: Page could not be read from disk
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 17:34:50 GMT
Maris Orbidans wrote:
> Sometimes insert fails with error message saying that a page could not
> be read from disk.  We can't reproduce it but it has happened 3 times.
> Any ideas what can cause this problem?

Hello Maris,

Just a shot in the dark, but is there code in your software stack that
calls Thread.interrupt()?
This has caused problems before, I think one example was from a
connection pool component.
If this can be reproduced easily enough, you could try to switch to the
client driver, and see if the problem still happens. If not, it
strengthens the interrupt-theory.

Also, which platform is this running on?

Regards,
--
Kristian

> [...]
> into PERIOD_TOTALS(HO_LC_UNITID, opened, closed) values(?,?,?)]; SQL
> state [XSDG0]; error code [45000]; Page Page(2,Container(0, 1072)) could
> not be read from disk.; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: Page
> Page(2,Container(0, 1072)) could not be read from disk.
> ... 16 more
> Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Page Page(2,Container(0, 1072)) could
> not be read from disk.
> at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown
> Source)
> at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
> at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.seeNextException(Unknown Source)
> at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(Un
> known Source)
> at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException(Unkno
> wn Source)
> at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException(Unknown
> Source)
> at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleException(Unknown
> Source)
> at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeStatement(Unknown
> Source)
> at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeStatement(Unkno
> wn Source)
> at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown
> Source)
> at
> org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Delega
> tingPreparedStatement.java:102)
> at
> org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate$2.doInPreparedStatement(JdbcT
> emplate.java:773)
> at
> org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.execute(JdbcTemplate.java:566
> )
> ... 21 more
> Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Java exception: ':
> java.nio.channels.ClosedChannelException'.
> at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown
> Source)
> at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
> at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.javaException(Unknown Source)
> at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(Un
> known Source)
> ... 31 more
> Caused by: java.nio.channels.ClosedChannelException
> at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.ensureOpen(Unknown Source)
> at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.read(Unknown Source)

> Confidentiality : This e-mail and any attachments are intended for the addressee only
and may be confidential. If they come to you in error you must take no action based on them,
nor must you copy or show them to anyone. Please advise the sender by replying to this e-mail

> Opinion : Any opinions expressed in this e-mail are entirely those of the author and
unless specifically stated to the contrary, are not necessarily those of the author’s employer.

> Security Warning : Internet e-mail is not necessarily a secure communications medium
and can be subject to data corruption. We advise that you consider this fact when e-mailing
us.

> Viruses : We have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and any attachments are free
from known viruses but in keeping with good computing practice, you should ensure that they
are virus free.

> Inspired Gaming (UK) Limited
> Registered in England No 3565640
> Registered Office 3 The Maltings Wetmore Road, Burton On Trent, Staffordshire DE14 1SE
> This message has been checked for all known viruses by the MessageLabs Virus Control
Centre.