db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Problem with DELETE on big table
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 17:46:38 GMT
Emmanuel Cecchet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running some tests trying to see the limits of Derby. I am using
> Derby 10.4.2.0 on JDK 1.6.0 update 7, Windows Vista.
> I created a table with 1 millions rows (no index) and then executed
> DELETE * FROM table.
> No error on the Derby console.
>
> I got the following exception in the client app (running locally on
> the same machine):
> java.sql.SQLException: Network protocol exception: actual code point,
> 4,692, does not match expected code point, 9,224.  The connection has
> been terminated.
Usually a protocol exception is indicative of a bug, but it is unusual
for it to come on a delete, which should be a fairly straight forward
operation from a protocol perspective.  Was there anything of use in the
derby.log?  Do you have reproduction for the issue that you can post to
Jira?

Thanks

Kathey