db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Cecchet <m...@frogthinker.org>
Subject Problem with DELETE on big table
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 17:06:00 GMT
Hi,

I am running some tests trying to see the limits of Derby. I am using
Derby 10.4.2.0 on JDK 1.6.0 update 7, Windows Vista.
I created a table with 1 millions rows (no index) and then executed
DELETE * FROM table.
No error on the Derby console.

I got the following exception in the client app (running locally on the
same machine):
java.sql.SQLException: Network protocol exception: actual code point,
4,692, does not match expected code point, 9,224.  The connection has
been terminated.
    at
org.apache.derby.client.am.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.execute(Unknown Source)
    at org.frogthinker...
Caused by: org.apache.derby.client.am.DisconnectException: Network
protocol exception: actual code point, 4,692, does not match expected
code point, 9,224.  The connection has been terminated.
    at
org.apache.derby.client.net.Reply.parseLengthAndMatchCodePoint(Unknown
Source)
    at
org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnectionReply.parseSQLCARD(Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnectionReply.parseRDBCMMreply(Unknown
Source)
    at
org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnectionReply.readLocalCommit(Unknown
Source)
    at
org.apache.derby.client.net.ConnectionReply.readLocalCommit(Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnection.readLocalCommit_(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.client.am.Connection.readCommit(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.client.am.Connection.readAutoCommit(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.flowExecute(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.executeX(Unknown Source)
    ... 3 more

Any suggestion on why this is happening?

Thanks,
Emmanuel

--
Emmanuel Cecchet