db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Ugo Gagliardelli <ugo.gagliarde...@gmail.com>
Subject SQ30020 trying to connect to a derby DB
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2009 08:35:59 GMT
I created a derby DB using sun Java DB bundled in JDK 1.6. The DB runs
as a server on my pc and is full functioning.
I started it specifying -p 1466, to get rid from ports conflicts on my
pc, and -h hostname, the host name of my pc as known on my local
network. Then I created a data-base via ij command line, created a table
too with a few rows. All's fine.
I enrolled this db using
ADDRDBDIRE RDB(DBNAME) RMTLOCNAME(hostname *IP) PORT(1466)
command on 2 different as400 (aka IBM iSeries or system i)
On a V5R4 as400 system from interactive SQL screen (STRSQL) when I try
to connect to derby db with:
CONNECT to DBNAME
I receive SQ30020 error with protocol error X'1254' with error code
x'99' and location code x'01'.
This message follows a CPF3E80, CPF9999 not monitored by QTSMGAFT and
CPF3E33.
On the db side, where I enabled both logging and trace, I see that an
income connection was acceped (Apache Derby Network Server connected to
database) a trace file was created for that connection.
If I try from a V5R1 system I still receive an SQ30020, with protocol
error X'124C' with error code X'0D' and location code x'01',  that
follows a CPF9163 only. In the connection log I still see that the
connection was accepted and a trace file was created too.
In the trace file I see:
        (2009.3.4 12:54:32) Request fill DRDAConnThread_3 5
        RECEIVE BUFFER: EXCSAT
(both ASCII and EBCDIC hex data follows)
and:
        (2009.3.4 12:54:33) Reply flush DRDAConnThread_3 5
        SEND BUFFER: EXCSATRD
(both ASCII and EBCDIC hex data follows)

Derby db is supposed to be DRDA compliant, doc says level 7 compliant
(but I don't know what it means), so it should work when accessed by
another DRDA compliant DB as as400 db.
Where am I wrong?