db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: How to read blobs?
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2009 07:47:27 GMT
epdv wrote:

> Thank You for the answer - but I've also got problems with
> autocommit(false): Recordset not open. How can I get the InputStream
> then, and can I access the opened InputStream independently from the
> blob, i.e. can I read the stream still after freeing the blob?

You can operate on the Blob until you commit or rollback if you turn off
autocommit.
As soon as you call Blob.free(), the Blob object, or any objects
obtained from it (like an InputStream), cannot be used any more. This
holds regardless of whether you have committed/aborted or not.

The problem you see with the result set, must be something else.

--
Kristian