db-derby-user mailing list archives

From ap...@gmx.at
Subject generated always as identity
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 16:44:38 GMT
I need to replicate data from mysql to derby. I have the init script for
the empty derby db. Some tables have columns, which provide generated
keys. These tables are created like this:
 create table foo (foo_id bigint not null generated always as identity
primary key, ... );

If I try to replicate my data from the other database to derby, it won't
work because derby wants to generate the key for foo_id. So my idea was
to create all tables with these columns without the "generated always as
identity" statement. Then to import all data. And after then to alter
the column again.

The import worked, but what I couldn't do was to add the statement
"generated always as identity" to the column foo_id.
Does anybody know how can I do that?