db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Luke Quinane" <l...@nuix.com>
Subject Concurrent Derby access
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 03:33:37 GMT
Hi,

Our application currently uses a Derby database running as an embedded
instance. I've recently experimented making the database files read-only so
that multiple processes can read the database concurrently. This approach
seems to be quite a bit faster than accessing Derby via the
NetworkServerControl.

For performance reasons, we would like to try is having multiple processes
reading the database files while another process is possibly updating the
database. Are the data structures on disk able to support this scenario? Or
is it a recipe for corruption?  - In this specific case the table being read
and the table being updated are different.

Thanks in advance,

Luke Quinane

Nuix

Ph: +61 2 9280 0699

Fax: +61 2 9212 6902

Web:  <http://www.nuix.com> http://www.nuix.com
Suite 79, 89 Jones St, Ultimo NSW 2007, Australia