db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jan Lagerpusch" <jan.lagerpu...@edict.de>
Subject How to configure Derby/java DB on opensolaris for remote access
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 16:51:05 GMT
Hi,

I am not sure whether this belongs to the derby or to the opensolaris/SMF
mailing list, but I'll give it a try here:

I am desperately trying to enable remote access to the SUNWjavadb (coming
with GlassFish) on an x86 openSolaris (2008.11) system. I would like to use
the SMF, so the javadb service is controlled by SMF, but I am not able to
find out which properties I have to set.

Without SMF, I can simply start /opt/SUNWjavadb/bin/startNetworkServer -h
0.0.0.0

But by doing this, that javadb instance is not under SMF control.

Using SMF, remote access to the javadb instance is disabled. What do I have
to do to enable it?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Jan Lagerpusch