Hi All,

I think I reported it a while back, but it keeps cropping up. This problem seems to appear suddenly, on a database that was otherwise working fine, and when it happens, all delete operations seem to be permanently broken. I cannot delete from any table (or so it seems...I'm pretty tired right now). If it matters, those are double underscores in the table name.

DELETE FROM GEOFF__TESTPERID__A WHERE "PK"=6

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Java exception: ': java.lang.NullPointerException'.
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.wrapArgsForTransportAcrossDRDA(Unknown Source)
    ... 39 more
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.NoRowsResultSetImpl.close(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.DeleteResultSet.cleanUp(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.DeleteCascadeResultSet.cleanUp(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.DeleteCascadeResultSet.cleanUp(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.DeleteCascadeResultSet.open(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
    ... 32 more

-geoff
How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg.
– A. Lincoln