db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Gerald Wheeler" <GWHEE...@uc.usbr.gov>
Subject Re: Need Urgent Help: Timestamp
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 13:51:34 GMT
Brent,
  Thanks very much for you response..
Do you know which pattern I can use with a timestamp textfield in the
app and using SQLTimestampConverter the would return (display)
Feb 11, 2009 13:34

I have used the pattern: MMM dd yyyy HH:mm
But using this input to the app:
Feb 11, 2009 13:34
I get errors

When using the test feature within NetBeans I only have to type the
first character and the error pops up.

Thanks for your help

>>> Bernt.Johnsen@Sun.COM 2/11/2009 12:55:22 AM >>>
> All,
>   I have a java application created w/netbeans 6.5
>  I am trying to input a date time into a Derby timestamp field
> using default pattern the insert statements work correctly and
display
> Jan 2, 1991 12:00:00
>
> How does one enter data into Derby timestamp field from an
application
> using the default timestamp pattern??
> 2009-01-01 13:00;01 does not work
>
> Jan 2, 1991 12:00:00 does not work
>
> What is the correct time stamp format to enter??
> Thanks

YYYY-MM-DD HH:mm:ss

E.g.

2009-01-01 13:00:01

--
Bernt Marius Johnsen, Staff Engineer
Database Technology Group, Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway