db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kai Ponte <...@perfectreign.com>
Subject Re: Can't get JAVAC to work.
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 13:34:15 GMT
Thayer, Bobby J IT1 (SW) (STE OPS/CC) wrote:
> To whom it may concern,
> I am taking a college class right now and we are using Derby. We are
> at a point in the class where we have to use the JAVAC command to do
> some tasks but it does not work for me. I have a JDK and a JRE
> installed and was told that I can not have the JRE installed. I am
> taking another class at the same time and it uses Eclipse which
> requires a JRE to function. I need to know if there is a way I can
> have everything installed and still have it work?

Go to a console (whether your in Linux, Unix or some other OS) and type
java -version to make sure you have a JRE (runtime) loaded.

Then to see if you have a JDK (development kit) loaded you are going to
have to dig a bit. If you're on Linux it will be under /usr/bin

kai@xwing:~/.VirtualBox> which javac

If you're on another OS, then it will be under something like
C:\Progra~1\j2sdk1.5.x\bin  or something like that.

a turn signal is a statement, not a request

View raw message