db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Mikael" <mikael-arons...@telia.com>
Subject Re: Can't get JAVAC to work.
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 11:40:14 GMT
You can have both a JRE and a JDK installed (the JDK also installs a JRE), what is the problem,
do you get som kind of error or what ?
Do you have a PATH setup to the java_install_dir/bin directory so that you can find the java/javac
executable without having to type the
full path ?

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Thayer, Bobby J IT1 (SW) (STE OPS/CC)
  To: derby-user@db.apache.org
  Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 4:09 PM
  Subject: Can't get JAVAC to work.

  To whom it may concern,

  I am taking a college class right now and we are using Derby. We are at a point in the class
where we have to use the JAVAC command to do some tasks but it does not work for me. I have
a JDK and a JRE installed and was told that I can not have the JRE installed. I am taking
another class at the same time and it uses Eclipse which requires a JRE to function. I need
to know if there is a way I can have everything installed and still have it work?

  V/R

  IT1(SW) Bobby Joe Thayer

  USS Stethem (DDG-63)

  OPS/CC LAN, ADNS, SKED, NTCSS Admin