db-derby-user mailing list archives

From feiKai <boy...@msn.com>
Subject How to Run Derby As a Windows Service
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 09:30:07 GMT

I'm a new Derby user.

When I clicked startNetworkServer.bat, there's always a comand line window shows up, so I'm
trying to create a windows service to run derby.

Here I met a problem, when I tried to create a windows service for derby network server, it
showed successed. But when I tried to start it, it failed. Error code 1053.

I tried 2 ways to do that.
This is my steps to create Derby service
Way 1: use sc.exe in comand lien
start -> run ->cmd
sc create DerbyNet binpath= "c:\derby\frameworks\NetworkServer\bin\startNetworkServer.bat"
start= auto
when starting this service: Error Code 1053

Way 2: I used instsrv.exe and srvany.exe to create service
start -> run ->cmd
instsrv DerbyNet "c:\srvany.exe"
start -> run ->regedit
new a string value: Application
                  value data: c:\derby\frameworks\NetworkServer\bin\startNetworkServer.bat
when starting this service: The service started and stoped

Actually, what I want is to hide the command line window, is there any idea?

Have a Nice Day~!

View raw message