db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Geoff hendrey <geoff_hend...@yahoo.com>
Subject 10.4.2.1 doesn't solve ORDER BY problem
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2009 20:09:27 GMT
Hi,

regarding Jira Issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3997

The fix version is listed as 10.4.2.1. I downloaded 10.4.2.1 from Sun in order to test the
fix. Here is where I downloaded 10.4.2.1 from:  https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_SMI-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewFilteredProducts-SingleVariationTypeFilter

The issue does not seem to be fixed. For example, here is a printout of a prepared statement:

SELECT
"r"."PK" AS "r.PK"
FROM
    "GEOFF__REVIEWS__REVIEW" AS "r",
    "GEOFF__REVIEWS__REVIEWABLE" AS "v"
WHERE
    "v".PK = "r".FK_REVIEWABLE_REVIEWS AND ( "v"."PK" = ? AND "r"."title" = ?
  AND "r"."authorname" = ? )  AND  "v".PK >  ?
ORDER BY
    "v".PK

And here is a result set. Notice that the "PK" column still appears in the select clause.
As I mentioned, this is a serious production issue for us causing problems throughout our
system, and customer issues.

+----+--
+----+--
| 55| 17
+----+--

Any suggestions?

 -geoff
“How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't
make it a leg.”
– A. Lincoln