db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: How many DRDAConnThreads is reasonable?
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 23:56:34 GMT
Daniel Noll wrote:

> Is there any way we can reduce thread usage by setting some special
> Derby flag?  (e.g. some flag which makes it use selectors instead of
> having one thread per connection... or some way to reduce the number
> of raw store deamons.)

One raw store daemon per database is how it is currently and can't be
changed.
You can limit the DRDAConnThreads with derby.drda.maxthreads
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.2/adminguide/radmindrdamaxthreads.html

You might also try using embedded connections instead of client  if you
are connecting from within the same jvm as network server is running.
You can still start network server and connect with client from other
jvms with client, but there is no reason not to use embedded within the
same jvm.

Kathey