db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Too many open files
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 18:56:50 GMT
>         fDirectDerbyConnection = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:" +
> dbDir + ";create=true;shutdown=true");

> without the shutdown parameter it then is created again. Seems as now the
> create=true is ignored in this mode.

Yes, I don't think it makes sense to try to combine "create=true" and
"shutdown=true".

Use "create=true" in the connection that you make when starting your
test, to create a new database.

Use "shutdown=true" at the conclusion of your test, after closing all
your connections/statements/result sets/etc., to shut the Derby system
down and release the internal engine resources.

thanks,

bryan