db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Derby 10.4.2 and eclipse 3.4.1 (Ganymede)
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 17:26:17 GMT
Kent Spaulding wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to get Derby working with eclipse 3.4.1, aka Ganymede.
>
> I followed the instructions on the derby site, unzipping and copying
> the files to the ECLIPSE_HOME/plugins dir:
>
> plugins/org.apache.derby.core_10.4.2
> plugins/org.apache.derby.ui_1.1.2
> plugins/org.apache.derby.plugin.doc_1.1.2
>
> For this version of eclipse, there is already a Derby core in the
> plugins dir:
>
> org.apache.derby.core_10.3.1.4:
> META-INF    about_files    derby.jar
> about.html    asl-v20.txt    plugin.xml
>
> The eclipse update manager does not report it as installed, oddly
> enough.  However, it does get picked up.
>
> When I restart eclipse, the Derby UI and docs are available, but it is
> picking up the 10.3.1.4 version of the core, because only derby.jar is
> available.
>
> I know this because when I run ij from eclipse I get:

> org/apache/derby/tools/ij
>
> on the console window.
>
> That tool is in derbytools.jar, which is not in the 10.3.1.4 core
> plugin dir.
>
> If I delete the org.apache.derby.core_10.3.1.4 dir, and restart,
> 10.4.2 is still not picked up.
>
> Something is wrong with the plugin for 10.4.2 for eclipse 3.4.1.
>
> Has anyone seen this before?  Got a fix?

The last version I know of that was tested with the plugins was:
Version: 3.3.1.1
Build id: M20071023-1652

So, there may indeed be a problem with 3.4.1.  I couldn't find anything
on a Google search though.  I noticed on the download page there are
several options.
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/

Did you use the JEE package? That is the only one I see with a reference
to Derby?

Kathey