db-derby-user mailing list archives

From michel <compu...@videotron.ca>
Subject Running Derby
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 13:32:44 GMT
 Hi,

I've been trying to get Derby running on Tomcat with no luck. When I try to
get a java server page to connect it keeps telling me that it can't find the
client driver. I start Tomcat with this:

  #!/bin/sh

    JAVA_HOME=/lib/sun-jdk-1.5.0
    JAVA_OPTS="-server"
    CATALINA_HOME=/share/tomcat-5.5.14
    CATALINA_BASE=$(cd $(dirname $0)/.. && pwd)
    CATALINA_PID=$CATALINA_BASE/logs/catalina.pid
    export JAVA_HOME JAVA_OPTS CATALINA_HOME CATALINA_BASE CATALINA_PID
    $CATALINA_HOME/bin/catalina.sh $(basename $0)

    export DERBY_INSTALL=/home/qsys/derby
    export DERBY_HOME=/home/qsys/derby
    export
CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:$DERBY_INSTALL/lib/derby.jar:$DERBY_INSTALL/lib/derbyclient.jar:$DERBY_INSTALL/lib/derbytools.jar:.

I can run the following and work with derby which is the same code as the
above:

    export DERBY_INSTALL=/home/qsys/derby
    export DERBY_HOME=/home/qsys/derby
    export
CLASSPATH=$DERBY_INSTALL/lib/derby.jar:$DERBY_INSTALL/lib/derbytools.jar:.
    /home/qsys/derby/bin/setEmbeddedCP
    java org.apache.derby.tools.sysinfo
    java org.apache.derby.tools.ij

so the classpath is correct.