db-derby-user mailing list archives

From ton80 <mell...@nc.rr.com>
Subject Re: Checking A ResultSet
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 23:04:57 GMT

Kathey Marsden wrote:
> ton80 wrote:
>> Hi Forum,
>> However, if there are no rows...I get a null pointer error.
> Can you post the stack trace from the NPE?
> Thanks
> Kathey

I have solved the problem. I knew if I posted a question to a forum I would
figure it out.
The problem was converting the BigDecimal to String during the ResultSet
read.  I changed it so I do the read and convert the BigDecimal to string
only if the read is successful.  My initial way was throwing the error
because I was attempting to convert a null value to a string.

But thanks for the response...