db-derby-user mailing list archives

From DerbyNoob <thestarchi...@hotmail.com>
Subject is it possible to create a schema at connection time?
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 12:25:49 GMT

Ok here is my scenario:

I have two java applications, which are going to use the same database
(embedded as a derby server), but with 2 different schemas.  I want each
application to use its own schema. Currently a application connects to the
database  like this: connect 'jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/ExampleDatabase;
create = true; user = Schema1';   respectively "Schema2"  . But if the
schemas Schema1 and Schema2 does not exist, the default schema app will be
used.  So my question is: is it somehow possible to create a schema at
database creating time?