db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Johannes Stamminger <Johannes.Stammin...@astrium.eads.net>
Subject Re: Too many open files
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 19:29:33 GMT

First, off topic, sorry for not replying really to your mails, but they do not
(yet?) arrive in may mail client. I just copy them from the nabble when I see
your replies there.

> Yes, I don't think it makes sense to try to combine "create=true" and
> "shutdown=true".
>
> Use "create=true" in the connection that you make when starting your
> test, to create a new database.
>
> Use "shutdown=true" at the conclusion of your test, after closing all
> your connections/statements/result sets/etc., to shut the Derby system
> down and release the internal engine resources.

Oh, this is something I have *never* would have thought of: the shutdown=true
parameter is a direct "command" to the engine to stop. It's a little bit late
already for me, I should have read the doc ref you provided more
carefully ;-).

And even after having read it once again I fell again in the next pitfall:
shutdown always throws an SQLException that I - of course - in my first hurry
did not catch ...

But now, with considering this additionally, it is really working. Thanks a
lot, you made my day :-).

Best regards,
JOhannes

This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information
or information otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender immediately, do not copy this message or any attachments and do not
use it for any purpose or disclose its content to any person, but delete this message and
any attachments from your system. Astrium disclaims any and all liability if this email transmission
was virus corrupted, altered or falsified.
Astrium GmbH Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Thomas Mueller - Geschaeftsfuehrung: Evert Dudok
(Vorsitzender), Dr. Reinhold Lutz, Pablo Salame Fischer, Guenter Stamerjohanns
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Muenchen - Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen, HRB Nr. 107 647

Weitere Informationen ueber EADS Astrium @ http://www.astrium.eads.net/