db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Johannes Stamminger <Johannes.Stammin...@astrium.eads.net>
Subject Re: Too many open files
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 18:52:12 GMT

> Closing a JDBC connection is not the same as shutting down the Derby
> system: http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.4/devguide/tdevdvlp20349.html
>
>          "If the application that started the embedded Derby quits but
>           leaves the JVM running, Derby continues to run and is available
>           for database connections."
>
> What happens if you re-try your test, but fully shut down the Derby system?

Sounds reasonable. But behavior now is unfortunately even worse, neighther
with

        final Properties dbProps = new Properties();
        dbProps.put("create", "true");
        dbProps.put("shutdown", "true");
        fDirectDerbyConnection = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:" +
dbDir, dbProps);

nor with

        fDirectDerbyConnection = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:" +
dbDir + ";create=true;shutdown=true");

the database get's created at all any longer. I get immediately exception
saying that the database directory does not exist. Indeed it does not. Though
without the shutdown parameter it then is created again. Seems as now the
create=true is ignored in this mode.

So how do I now can force the database creation if not yet existing?
Or alternatively how do I shutdown it manually (to avoid this properties/URL
parameter)?

Thanks and best regards,
JOhannes

This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information
or information otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender immediately, do not copy this message or any attachments and do not
use it for any purpose or disclose its content to any person, but delete this message and
any attachments from your system. Astrium disclaims any and all liability if this email transmission
was virus corrupted, altered or falsified.
Astrium GmbH Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Thomas Mueller - Geschaeftsfuehrung: Evert Dudok
(Vorsitzender), Dr. Reinhold Lutz, Pablo Salame Fischer, Guenter Stamerjohanns
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Muenchen - Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen, HRB Nr. 107 647

Weitere Informationen ueber EADS Astrium @ http://www.astrium.eads.net/