db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel Tripp" <dtr...@mdisolutions.com>
Subject "ERROR XSDB2: Unknown container format at container null : 0" when trying to connect to database
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 21:31:17 GMT
Hello all.  I seem to have a corrupted derby database on my hands.  My
application (which uses embedded derby) was running more-or-less fine when
one time on startup I ran into the exception below.  Now I can't even
connect to this (7-gig) database, even with ij.  There is some data in there
that I would like to get out.  Does anyone have any ideas how this might
have happened, or how I might repair this database?  Thanks in advance.

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Failed to start database 'C:\M
4.5.0\bin\..\database\persistent', see the next exception for details.

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)

                at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.seeNextException(Unknown
Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.bootDatabase(Unknown Source)

                at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.<init>(Unknown
Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection30.<init>(Unknown Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver30.getNewEmbedConnection(Unknown Source)

                at org.apache.derby.jdbc.InternalDriver.connect(Unknown
Source)

                at org.apache.derby.jdbc.AutoloadedDriver.connect(Unknown
Source)

                at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)

                at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)

                at com.mdisolutions.db.Db.startDb(Db.java:402)

                ... 12 more

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Unknown container format at container null
: 0

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown Source)

                ... 21 more

Caused by: ERROR XSDB2: Unknown container format at container null : 0

                at
org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.FileContainer.readHeaderFromArray(Unkno
wn Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.FileContainer.readHeader(Unknown
Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.RAFContainer.run(Unknown Source)

                at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
Method)

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.RAFContainer.openContainer(Unknown
Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.RAFContainer4.openContainer(Unknown
Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.FileContainer.setIdent(Unknown Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.RAFContainer.setIdentity(Unknown
Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.cache.CachedItem.takeOnIdentity(Unknown
Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.cache.Clock.addEntry(Unknown Source)

                at org.apache.derby.impl.services.cache.Clock.find(Unknown
Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.BaseDataFileFactory.openContainer(Unkno
wn Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.BaseDataFileFactory.openDroppedContaine
r(Unknown Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.xact.Xact.openDroppedContainer(Unknown
Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.PageBasicOperation.findpage(Unknown
Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.PageBasicOperation.needsRedo(Unknown
Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.log.FileLogger.redo(Unknown Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.log.LogToFile.recover(Unknown Source)

                at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.RawStore.boot(Unknown
Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.boot(Unknown Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.TopService.bootModule(Unknown Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.startModule(Unknown
Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.Monitor.bootServiceModule(Unknown
Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.RAMAccessManager.boot(Unknown Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.boot(Unknown Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.TopService.bootModule(Unknown Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.startModule(Unknown
Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.Monitor.bootServiceModule(Unknown
Source)

                at org.apache.derby.impl.db.BasicDatabase.bootStore(Unknown
Source)

                at org.apache.derby.impl.db.BasicDatabase.boot(Unknown
Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.boot(Unknown Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.TopService.bootModule(Unknown Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.bootService(Unknown
Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.startProviderService(Unkn
own Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.findProviderAndStartServi
ce(Unknown Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.startPersistentService(Un
known Source)

                at
org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.Monitor.startPersistentService(Unknow
n Source)