db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Martin Walsh <Martin.Wa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: NPE from NoRowsResultSetImpl.close()
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2009 13:57:02 GMT
Hi Kristian,

> Can you specify the Derby version you used, and on which operating
> system you saw the problem?

Derby - 10.4.2.0
OS - Solaris snv103
J2SE 6

When creating a fresh DB and running the script it worked for me also. I
was using a DB that was already there.  But once I applied the following
properties it starts to fail again.  I am trying to identify which
property is causing the issue now.

-- Only use properties stored in the database.
call syscs_util.syscs_set_database_property(
   'derby.database.propertiesOnly', 'true');

-- Set access permissions.
call syscs_util.syscs_set_database_property(
   'derby.authentication.provider', 'BUILTIN');
call syscs_util.syscs_set_database_property(
   'derby.connection.requireAuthentication', 'true');
call syscs_util.syscs_set_database_property(
   'derby.database.fullAccessUsers', 'auth');
call syscs_util.syscs_set_database_property(
   'derby.database.readOnlyAccessUsers', 'readonly');

-- Create the readonly user.
call syscs_util.syscs_set_database_property(
   'derby.user.readonly', 'readonly');

-- Drop the default schema.
drop schema app restrict;

-- Change the page size for the database.
-- call syscs_util.syscs_set_database_property(
--   'derby.storage.pageSize', '4096');

-- Save query plans - only for development.
call syscs_util.syscs_set_database_property(
   'derby.language.logQueryPlan', 'true');

commit;

Martin