db-derby-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Øystein Grøvlen <Oystein.Grov...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Record not found in some SQL - Bug?
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2009 20:08:37 GMT
Have you tried to run the Derby consistency checker? (See 
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DatabaseConsistencyCheck).
Maybe that could give some clue about what is wrong.

--
Øystein

jrgchip wrote:
> I have reported the problem as
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4032.
> 
> The problem is reproducible given the current state of the DB.  However, if
> I reload the data, the problem goes away.  So I conclude that use of the DB
> has altered its state in some way as to cause this problem to arise.
> 
> I do not know if it is a single row that has the problem.  The Java app
> failed when it processed this record (because the record was "not found")
> and my investigation into the failure led me to discovery of this anomaly. 
> There may be others.  I have had two very similar failures over the last 3
> months which I did not investigate as deeply...instead rebuilding the DB
> from scratch.  So it appears the problem does arise occasionally...at least
> in 10.3.2.1.
> 
> It's clear the SQL returns incorrect results.  I am hoping someone else has
> seen similar behavior and can point me to a solution.
> 
> 
> jrgchip wrote:
>> I have a "Product" table with a "Num" column that contains a record that
>> is only accessible by some SQL and not others.
>>
> 

Mime
View raw message