db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: is there a lower-level (non-SQL) API for Derby?
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2009 14:48:57 GMT
Hi Tim,

This question has come up before. For instance, you may find some
interesting discussion on the following email thread:
http://www.nabble.com/simpler-api-to-the-Derby-store-td18137499.html#a18137499

The Derby storage layer is supposed to be an independent component. The
api is described in the javadoc for the
org.apache.derby.iapi.store.access package:
http://db.apache.org/derby/javadoc/engine/

What would you say are your chief needs? Are you looking for a version
of Derby which is

1) smaller
2) faster

  or