db-derby-user mailing list archives

From jrgchip <c...@datamology.com>
Subject Re: Record not found in some SQL - Bug?
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2009 20:48:19 GMT

oysteing wrote:

> Have you tried to run the Derby consistency checker?

Yes...it reports all 44 tables as OK per SYSCS_CHECK_TABLE.

Kristian Waagan-4 wrote:

> Be aware that 10.3.1.4 and 10.3.2.1 had a corruption bug, mostly (or
> only) seen on Windows.

Can you point me to information about that corruption bug?

Derby-3 wrote:

> If you reload the data, the problem goes away.  This would imply that it's
> a data issue.

The data is from an ASCII file (with no special chars) and is loaded with
SYSCS_IMPORT_TABLE.  But I conclude the load, itself, is not the problem
because the data is retrievable after initial load.  It is only after the DB
is used for a while that something becomes unreadable...in this case the
HG15497 record noted in my post.

Derby-3 wrote:

> Since your database is in a 'broken' state, what happens if you create a
> copy of the table and select the rows that match your like 'xxxx%' clause
> and insert them in to your temp duplicate table.

I am able to copy the table and select the "bad" row from the copy per the
following sequence...

ij> CREATE TABLE app."ProductCopy" AS SELECT * FROM app."Product" WITH NO
DATA;
0 rows inserted/updated/deleted
ij> insert into app."ProductCopy" select * from app."Product";
34536 rows inserted/updated/deleted
ij> select "Num" from app."Product" where "Num" = 'HG15497';
Num

0 rows selected
ij> select "Num" from app."ProductCopy" where "Num" = 'HG15497';
Num