db-derby-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From jrgchip <c...@datamology.com>
Subject Re: Record not found in some SQL - Bug?
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2009 16:10:04 GMT

I have reported the problem as
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4032.

The problem is reproducible given the current state of the DB.  However, if
I reload the data, the problem goes away.  So I conclude that use of the DB
has altered its state in some way as to cause this problem to arise.

I do not know if it is a single row that has the problem.  The Java app
failed when it processed this record (because the record was "not found")
and my investigation into the failure led me to discovery of this anomaly. 
There may be others.  I have had two very similar failures over the last 3
months which I did not investigate as deeply...instead rebuilding the DB
from scratch.  So it appears the problem does arise occasionally...at least
in 10.3.2.1.

It's clear the SQL returns incorrect results.  I am hoping someone else has
seen similar behavior and can point me to a solution.


jrgchip wrote:
> 
> I have a "Product" table with a "Num" column that contains a record that
> is only accessible by some SQL and not others.
> 

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Record-not-found-in-some-SQL---Bug--tp21700110p21708823.html
Sent from the Apache Derby Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


Mime
View raw message