db-derby-user mailing list archives

From ton80 <mell...@nc.rr.com>
Subject Loading new application versions in embedded mode
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2009 00:57:52 GMT

I was wondering,

I am new to Derby.  I am working a small project in Java using Derby in
embedded mode.
Will I be able to make changes to the application and reload it without
affecting the data in the database?
I guess a better way to put the question is how do I package the application
so that I can make changes to the application code without harming data
already in the database on the clients machine?
This may be more of a Java question.

Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated.
ton80