db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Tim Dugan <TDu...@prospricing.com>
Subject is there a lower-level (non-SQL) API for Derby?
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2008 02:49:51 GMT

I'm looking to see if Derby can be used similarly to Berkeley DB -- a lower-level API.  Can
anyone tell me?

Maybe to the access area of the "Store Layer" which in some Derby documentation is described
like this:

"The Store layer is split into two main areas, access and raw. The access layer presents a
conglomerate (table or index)/row based interface to the SQL layer. It handles table scans,
index scans, index lookups, indexing, sorting, locking policies, transactions, isolation levels."

Now that Derby is included in Java 16--I am having a really hard time finding Java documentation
that talks about Derby.