db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Stephan van Loendersloot (LIST)" <step...@republika.nl>
Subject Re: Tomcat derby JSP "java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver"
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2008 21:20:43 GMT

Michael Murray wrote:
> hi guys,
> I'm having a bit of trouble configuring apache tomcat to work with a
> derby database on mac OS. Below are the steps I took. The error I get
> when trying to acces the page from a jsp page is
> "java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver". Can anyone please help,
> i'd be very very grateful.

Hello Michael,

I'll help, but first, it would be helpful if you told us *exactly* what
it is that you're trying to do. It's not very clear right now, since you
posted very unrelated things, while confusing the configuration of
global resources in Tomcat with the configuration of the ROOT web
application.

It seems (hard to guess) that you'd like to use Derby to control
Tomcat's roles/groups and users (in Tomcat, this is called a Realm).

Please let me know the specifics and we'll work this out.

Regards,

    --Stephan.