db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: How to force Derby to release memory in embedded mode
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 08:18:21 GMT
Reda134 wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I use Derby in the embedded mode to join 2 Tables that can be huge. I
> remarked that Derby doesnt release the space allocated during the join after
> proceeding it. If i want to perform a second join i get an outofmemory
> error...
> So my question is, is there a way to force Derby to give up the allocated
> memory ??

Hello Reda,

Are you doing the two joins in one transaction, or are you
committing/rolling back in between?
Also, can you post the stack trace from the OOME?
Other factors that might matter, are page size and page cache size, and
the amount of memory allocated to the VM. What are these set to?

Regards,
--
Kristian