db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Damian Carey" <jami...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Connecting to Server from remote PC
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2008 23:11:39 GMT
On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 4:15 AM, Raymond Kroeker <raymond@raykroeker.com> wrote:
> Damian,
>
>  Could you also run a netstat -an on pc-1; and a tracert (or
> traceroute depending on your platform) and paste the relevant results?
>
> Raymond
>
> On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 23:33, Valentin Cozma <vcozma@elfyard.com> wrote:
>> the syntax is ok,
>>
>> seems you have a network problem.
>>
>> try telnet first.

> Raymond Kroeker

Many thanks for your interest and help.

I can confirm that it is a local problem. I can do it from PC2-to-PC1,
but not PC1-to-PC2.
It is weird in that the ESET firewall logs that a connection is
requested and allowed on Port 1527, but nothing happens after that. So
it would seem to be deeper within the nether regions of my dev PC.

So neither Derby nor my primitive syntax can be blamed for these woes!

Thanks again,
-Damian