db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Damian Carey" <jami...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to get a Derby schema.sql so we can build the next DB?
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2008 21:28:37 GMT
On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 10:22 PM, Alan Burlison <Alan.Burlison@sun.com> wrote:
> Damian Carey wrote:
>> Regarding the sql you pump in to the ij.runScript(...) method: It
>> sounds like you hand craft that?
>
> Yes, see
> http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/website/auth/AuthWebapp/src/configuration/sql/
>
>> Do you know if that SQL is the same format as the output from the
>> "dblook" tool?
>> If it is we can do the full round trip.

I have now had a chance to do some basic testing and now we have
"round-trip" capability as I had wished.

"dblook" does in fact produce suitable SQL. However, each SQL
statement that it writes if followed by a semi-colon. The semi-colon
was a problem for my original method of writing to the database
(DdlUtils > QueryRunner > run.update(connection, mySqlString)).

However, the dblook output is fine to pump in via ij.runScript(...).

I suspect that if I had removed the semi-colons from the DDL then my
DdlUtils technique would work.

Many thanks to everyone who has responded!

Cheers,
-Damian