db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Stephan van Loendersloot (LIST)" <step...@republika.nl>
Subject Re: Tomcat derby JSP "java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver"
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 21:30:23 GMT
teamderby wrote:
> Hi Stephan,
>
> Excellent, it worked!
>
> i'm extremely grateful, you've ended a lot of frustration on my part and i
> cannot thankyou enough for the help you've supplied.
>
> the tutorial is excellently produced and i am sure will be a welcome
> resource for other people attempting to set up Derby in the future!
>
> once again many thanks for your time and effort on this.
>
> Mike.

Great to hear that Mike! It took me a little longer than expected, but
the outcome is well worth the effort!

OT: You do know that it's considered bad practice to program directly in
your JSP's, don't you? You should look at using tag-libraries, JSTL,
etc. to save yourself the hassle of maintenance problems. Maybe later
(once you understand how things work according to the Servlet
Specification) you can move on to using a web-framework of your choice.

Happy coding!

    Stephan.