I am seeing a strange problem trying to execute a simple delete statement. I have never had a problem with this in the past. It seems NullPointerException is happening inside the derby delete code.

DELETE FROM GEOFF__BLOG__USER WHERE "PK"=3

    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.NoRowsResultSetImpl.close(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.DeleteResultSet.cleanUp(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.DeleteCascadeResultSet.cleanUp(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.DeleteCascadeResultSet.cleanUp(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.DeleteCascadeResultSet.open(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
    ... 32 more