db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: btree overflow during insert
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 14:03:50 GMT
Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waagan@Sun.COM> writes:

> Alan Burlison wrote:
>> This is an important issue for us, and is a potential risk to us
>> deploying on Derby.  Should I raise a bug?  I've looked at the
>> source where this error is coming from, and it's scattered with
>> FIXME-type comments that suggests it's a known problem.
>
> Hi Alan,
>
> I don't remember this issue coming up before.
> If you can reproduce this, and maybe devote some time writing a repro,
> I would just log a bug right away.
> If not, I would suggest you wait for some more days in hope of a
> person having a deeper knowledge about this issue pitching in.
>
> FYI, issues/bug are logged at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY

I have logged DERBY-3947 and attached a reproducible test case.

Note that it is possible to set derby.storage.pageSize just for a single
index by issuing

CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('derby.storage.pageSize', '32768')

right before the index in question is created and resetting it with

CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('derby.storage.pageSize', null)

afterwards.

--
Knut Anders