db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: JDK 1.4 support?
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2008 16:09:48 GMT
> I think support of compilation against JDK 1.4 should be removed
> otherwise no developers would be able to work on it.

It seems like this is more a discussion for the *developers* list
than the *users* list, since it only applies to people trying to
build Derby from source, right?

So we should probably move it to the derby-dev list.

Is your current problem that you are having trouble getting
a copy of the 1.4 JDK? I think you have to go to a different
location on the download site, but I believe it is still available.

Or are you simply raising a concern for the future, about when
Derby should consider dropping support for JDK 1.4?

thanks,

bryan