db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DatabaseMetaData.getTables() resultset empty?
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2008 17:00:14 GMT
Hi Suavi,

Sorry - I take it all back.  I was checking the wrong resultset.  I had multiple resultsets
in my test, and naturally, given that the zen rock on my tables is smarter than I am, I checked
resulset, instead of resultset2.  I retried all the permutations and they all return the same
result:

ResultSet resultSet2 = metaData.getTables(null, "%", "%", types);
ResultSet resultSet2 = metaData.getTables(null, null, "%", types);
ResultSet resultSet2 = metaData.getTables(null, null, null, types);
And even with the schema under which the tables exist:
ResultSet resultSet2 = metaData.getTables(null, "USER1", "%", types);

This returns all tables:
ResultSet resultSet2 = metaData.getTables(null, null, null, null);

So it all works great.  Thanks again!

- Ole