db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject DatabaseMetaData.getTables() resultset empty?
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2008 02:04:26 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to use DatabaseMetaData.getTables() to get a list of tables contained in a derby
database.  I run the statement like this (I made sure tables are present by browsing using
the eclipse Data Source explorer first):

ResultSet resultSet = metaData.getTables(null, null, "%", null);

But resultSet is empty.  I also tried it like this:

ResultSet resultSet = metaData.getTables(null, null, "EXISTING_TABLE_NAME", null);

Still no love.  Anyone have any ideas on what I could be doing better?

Thanks,
- Ole