db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Cecchet <m...@frogthinker.org>
Subject Can we force create a database?
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2008 23:03:56 GMT
Hi,

I had a situation with a crashed Derby database in a replicated scenario
with Sequoia (so it's ok because Sequoia is ready to handle this kind of
problems).
However, the URL used by Sequoia was of the form
'jdbc:derby:mydb;create=true'. Unfortunately the database crashed in a
state that fooled Derby so that it generates an 'ERROR XBM0J' saying
that the directory exist and that Derby will cowardly refuse to create
the database.
Is there a way to force Derby to create the database or do we have do
manually remove the directory content beforehand (which is quite tedious)?
Does anyone know if the issue would be the same with createFrom instead
of create?

Thanks for your help,
Emmanuel

--